Re-doing an existing lawn or establishing a new lawn:
- Spray off any existing greenery on lawn area, allow to die. If possible repeat when vegetation starts to come away again. (don’t use a residual weed spray.)
- Lightly work up top layer of lawn area (approx 50mm depth) and rake off dead turf.
- Level lawn area using quality Screened soil to no more than a depth of 150mm. If a greater depth is required use Unscreened Soil to allow better drainage, and then level with Screened soil.
- Tread area in by walking over it to compact soil. Level again raking lightly.
- Roll if necessary with small roller.
- Lightly rake over lawn area, spread lawn seed evenly, follow instructions on packet, very lightly rake over area to cover seed.
For Premium Lawns use – Green Reward - Premium Lawn Seed
For General Lawns use – Green Valley - General Lawn Seed. Sowing Rate 1kg to 40m³
- Keep area moist using a sprinkler making sure it doesn’t get too wet with water pooling in low areas. Best time to water is early mornings and evenings. Keep clear of newly sown areas.
- Keep lawn watered until it is established. Recommended to roll again before mowing for first time.
Feel free to download (opens in new window): How to sow a new lawn